Monday 21 September 2015

Dealing with Loss - Part 1

Day 0 - Denial

I slammed my fist on the table crying:
"No this can't be. How could this happen."
Cimp sat next to me hugging me in his strong manly arms.
"Don't you worry beardling we can get through this together."
"But how can I live without her?"
I asked him knowing he is the only one who can understand my pain even though many have suffered it before me. The feeling of emptiness I feel inside me after she is gone.
"It cannot be, she can't be gone, I don't believe it really had to be done....

As you may see grief overtook my life at this stage and it was up to me to deal with it there was no other choice. Even with Cimp standing by my side and me knowing the truth I could not acknowledge it in any way, shape or form. The abyss inside me was growing at this stage and the only way I could deal with it was to grieve...

I was laying on the table crying, not being able to comprehend the truth that was right before my eyes.
*Sob sob...*
Cimp came and sat next to me once again:
"Beardling I know it hurts I want you to know that I'm here with you."
I couldn't stop crying but through my sobs I replied:
"Thank you for being here for me...."
I continued to lie on the table trying to understand how the world would be like from now on. I knew I had to get it together eventually but for now I just cried. I couldn't stop even if I wanted.

As you can guess It was a harsh day for me the first of many. I had to learn how to live with myself like this. My worst fears came to life. I had to shave....

No comments:

Post a Comment